A permit is required from the MCRC Engineering Department for any and all work being conducted within the road right-of-way.
When proposing work within the MCRC right-of-way relating to commercial site plans, subdivisions, private roads, sanitary and water main extensions, service drives and road extensions, an engineering review is required. A transmittal letter and a review deposit (see the MCRC fee schedule) along with two detailed sets of plans shall be submitted to the MCRC. Township/Local Government Agency's sanitary and water main projects may be excluded from the review deposit requirement, however a transmittal letter and detailed plans must be submitted. Submittals shall be sent to the attention of the MCRC Engineering Department.
Permits regarding utility projects other than sanitary sewer, storm sewer, or water main construction shall be submitted to the MCRC Engineering Department with the required MCRC Utility Application Form and Plans for review.
Upon approval and prior to issuance of a permit for work within the MCRC right-of-way, proper insurance requirements, bonds, easements, covenants (if necessary), and fees are required based on the MCRC Fee Schedule (PDF).
For further information, please contact the MCRC at 734-240-5102.
Memorandum of Understanding
A recent development which was an outgrowth of the original publication of this document is the adoption of a Memorandum of Understanding (PDF) between the Monroe County Road Commission and the Monroe County Drain Commission. This agreement was specifically designed to streamline and speed up the review of development proposals by these agencies.
Forms & Templates
- Commercial Maintenance Bond (PDF)
- Performance Bond (PDF)
- Updated Document coming soon. Drainage Covenant Form 2021
- Site Plan Guidelines 2021 (PDF)
- Stormwater Detention Calculation Form (PDF)
- Developers Streamlining Guide (PDF)
Subdivisions & Road Extensions
- Updated Document coming soon. Plat Agreement 2021
- Updated Document coming soon. Non Plat Agreement 2021
- Letter of Credit Form (PDF)
- Subdivision Maintenance Bond (PDF)
- Updated Document coming soon. Existing Road Extension Agreement 2021
- Pavement Design Guidelines (PDF)
- Pavement Design Guidelines: Design Chart for Flexible Pavements (PDF)
- Pavement Design Guidelines: Correlation Chart for Subgrade Strength (PDF)
- Updated Document coming soon. Existing Road Extension Permit 2021
- Guidelines for Platted and Unplatted Development 2021 (PDF)
- Updated Document coming soon. Dedicated Highway and Utility Easement Form 2021
- Updated Document coming soon. Drainage Easement Form 2021